Monday, April 19, 2010

The Good Book



Philip Pullman was interviewed in G2 today.

He has risen to notoriety since the release of his latest get atheist work, The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ. Philip is not shy of taking a few shots over the bows of established religion, as readers saw in his earlier His Dark Materials trilogy.

I do plan on reading it, but first I've to finish Dracula and I think that it's only fair to read the book having actually read the source material on which it is based. So I'll be delving into the Bible first.

If you'd like to read a review of the book, you can find it here - reviewed by none other than the Archbishop of Canterbury - Rowan Williams.

Also he's after finding a really nice use for the word "wretched" - "I hope the wretched Catholic Church will vanish entirely." To quote the words of A. Pope - hope springs eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free speech. While stocks last.