Sunday, April 18, 2010

The source of the trouble



It turns out that many of my friends are a right shower of travellers, something I that was made clear to me this weekend when they couldn't get out of Dublin airport. Apparently a volcano in Iceland is having a bit of a "moment", God love it.

I loved the Irish Times headline which reported continued "airline chaos" as every plane in Europe was grounded. I've just looked up a definition of "chaos" and I've been offered "complete disorder and confusion" (some would say that seems like the average day in Dublin Airport.) In my book however, airline chaos would surely more accurately imply thousands of planes falling out of the sky and multiple grisly accidents all over Western Europe. We we have at the moment is peace and tranquility, and sure there's always the boat.

So I've just been on to my little Icelandic gay, Thorhallur Haftthorsson, to find out what all the fuss is about. So here it is, the news in Iceland.

Also, isn't Icelandic a beautiful language? Listen to the way it's just hocked off the tongue.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Free speech. While stocks last.