Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Batman Cake


This is possibly the coolest birthday cake ever baked. Of course, I don't need to tell you that it is a two tier Batman birthday cake which, wait for it - is actually blue on the inside.

This wonder of culinary creation was dreamed up by Amanda, in response to her six-year-old's call for a Batman themed birthday party. As I'm sure you can see, the results were rather impressive.

I was lucky enough to drop by on Saturday evening to see this creative confection in the early stages of its development i.e. in the oven. Amanda assured me that the acrid smell of burning plastic was, in fact, perfectly normal. Like the peasant hanging around the master's table, I pounced on the crumbs once Amanda started to cut and level the cake, prior to icing. To my amazement and delight, the cut cake took on the appearance of a blue sponge. No no, not a blue sponge cake, but actually a blue sponge; I soon began to wonder what exactly she'd put into the mixture...


Well mysterious mixtures aside, here's a photograph a slice of cake. I think that we can all agree that real beauty is on the inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free speech. While stocks last.