Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Where did I put my marching band?


I'm sure many of you will have seen the "domino video" for this song by Ok Go. Whereas the consensus is that the video is amazing - it just annoys me though. I find those domino effect thingys really infuriating. My dislike for them is born out of a particularly tedious 20 minutes spent watching an installation in IMMA. It was a black and white domino effect film and in the end it just lead to nothing. It was pointless. It has spoiled the effect of them for me for life.

One comment that prevails as regards the song, This Too Shall Pass, is that the video is better than the song. Whereas it's great to make a cool video, the primary concern of a musicians is to make good music.

I find that this version of the song has more "umph!" to it and it's a fantastic idea for a video. Watch out for the end, see if you can see the camouflaged musicians in the final shot. Also, this was shot as in one take - live. How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free speech. While stocks last.